Wednesday, December 06, 2006

GYLC

Hey people

Looking at visitor statistics I realised that a post on GYLC is probably the major portion of all the traffic to my blog. This post is for all those people who are looking on some information on what the Global Young Leaders Conference or the GYLC is all about.... This also goes in dedication to the most wonderful group at the GYLC 2006 conference - USA ... really miss all you guys...

This is a short version which I also happened to send as a student feedback for the official GYLC website (http://www.cylc.org/gylc)

Having crossed half the globe to Washington DC, I had very high expectations from the Global Young Leaders Conference, and I was pretty excited to meet up with all the interesting people there. The conference was a great intellectual experience especially the briefings in the World Bank and the United Nations. I must confess that the charm of the whole thing was a bit overwhelming. Never before I had brainstormed myself in regard to world issues and thought in the way a diplomat would. It is no wonder that my entire perspective about world issues and globalisation has changed forever and the entire credit goes to the GYLC.

I also made strong friendships with some amazing people in my peer Group (which happened to be USA) and also with many other interesting people. I am studying away from my motherland (India) here in Singapore , and I am thankful to the GYLC for preparing me in the most subtle way to interact with people from so many different cultures, communities, who thought in such a different way and had a completely different way of life other than my own.

Having been through it myslef I can confidently say that GYLC is something that every global citizen must experience.

Cheers
Sparsh

4 comments:

FUNTIK said...

Hello. GYLC seems like a great opportunity and rewarding experience for youth around the world. I am from Canada. I have some questions about steps to enroll to the program ? What do they require for me to participate in the conferences?
I would appreciate for your response
Thanks

FUNTIK said...

GYLC seems very interesting and rewarding experience for youth around the world. I am from Canada. I just wanted to get some information on how I can get enrolled to the conference? What are they require for admission?

Angela said...

hi,
i was just invited to GYLC
and i was just wondering what activities you did?

hui said...

Hello there..
iwould like to yell for your helping..
Can?
Can you nominate me to participate in GYLC?
You are GYLC Alumni right?
Pls inform me as soon as posible..
koehui_lim@yahoo.com
i will send you a nomination letter..
Thx.