Monday, February 19, 2007

Eklavya , esplanade , fest , music , bowling...... hmmm its been an interesting weekend

The last three days have really been the most exciting of my stay here in Singapore...
My friends and me decided to start the two week vacation (well its almost two weeks ....only 2 days of classes in the middle....) by watching Eklavya at Jade..... it was a nice movie though some dint like it but what was really amazing was the walk down what is truly the landmark in Singapore .... the Esplanade ... sitting beside the merlion , shekhar , siddhant , raghul and me chatted away for hours finally walking by the Fullerton .... down till the Parliament area and then back to NTU ... (hehe ... we din walk down to NTU.. God! that would have been a feat.... )

On Sunday we had this really cool Indian fest called Tarang and people from SMU and NUS had also come down to NTU to take part in the fun..... The Quiz was a disaster.... i kept singing... "yeh kahaan aa gaye humm" ...lol .... the singing was induced by a hangover due to the really late night practice that we had on Saturday for the band performance.... ) .... wait a minute.. .did i say Band performance.... that was the most exciting part of the evening..... we had solo singing before that where i sang Such Keh Raha Hai Deewana from RHTDM ............ The band performance was really really really ...... cooooooooooool.... We people did 4 numbers which were falwless (atleast according to the band )... haha ... well I was personally expecting (or to put it honestly fearing )that the SMU people would throw stuff at us... lol :D there were a lot of technical snags during their performance and there was a lot of booing going on.. so we expected something back in return..... fortunately nothing of that sort happened... and for this thanks to the SMU people... I really was sympathetic with your band... (my buddies from SGC ... nitish and Rishabh were in the SMU band ).....Though we dint win (I dint win in the solos either... ) , I think that the crowd had a fairly nice time.....
A special mention here to the NUS Indian band which was amazing ... the violins were absolutely fantastic.. I do not have a video of that ... it was really professional... it seemed to me that I was attending some sort of an international concert... it was that good.. Hats off to you people.... :D
Had a nice time meeting my pals Nitish and Mishti at the event..... It was a bit frustrating though that were really interested in seeing the entire thing (even i was) and we dint get enough time to talk .. will catch them sometime later.... its sad sometimes being in the same city we hardly get time to meet each other..... man NTU is so isolated from the rest of Singapore... (in a way its good as well.... A university best functions in a sub urban campus......... )

Overall its been an amazing weekend.... Will never forget it ..... now its time to cover up lagging work... and trust me there is loads of it..... Website Designing competitions have a bad tendency of giving headaches and I have threeeee of them simultaneously to deal with ..uffffffffffffff...

anyways people ... wishing you a Happy Chinese New Year.. (haha am sure most of you reading this blog wont even know that such a thing exists... unless you are studying in Singapore..... )
Cheers
Sparsh

PS : Check out the videos of my performance in Tarang in my orkut profile.. that is if you have the time.... lol :D

8 comments:

Shekhar said...

Don't think soo much of Work.....!! woh toh hota hi rehti hai....
Ab next week Sentosa mein aur mazza aayega... :)

Unknown said...

man I completely agree with u....been one of the best days at NTU till now...

Unknown said...

man, u summed up dis whole xtended weekend...... dis does inspire me 2 start my own blog, but dude dat requires time...(we vella EEE ppl...lol!!!), neways jokes apart, have been one of d best days @ NTU, hope dat we have more of such breaks @ regular intervals....(well, we do have d mid-sem breaks comin up [:D])......
And yeah dude.....wanted 2 tell u since a very looooong time, dat u have maintained a very gud blog...
and yeah wish ya a happy chinese new year, GONG XI FA CAI!!!!!!
All d best for ur web-designing thing 2.....

Sulabh said...

Mr. Sparsh
Your blog is a nice encapsulation of the events that affected you throughout the day, more like a diary entry on the internet. Good job, n next time include me sumwhr!

Gaurav Gupta said...

Here it is......U never told me that it was going to be this much fun...else i would have been there....Its gud that you had loads of fun in the week end.........dont worry next time I would be there ...and will surely not let you njoy....

Udit said...

Reading all this.....I really think I have missed out on a lot of counts!!!
don't forget me as ur company will surely produce my best days in Singapore......
Nd I do know that how good esplanade and Robinson road is in the nite.....
M really amazed to know that this webmater sings as well......hmm...intereseting!!!

Vivek said...

it was really a good weekend although i did not go to esplanade but rest it was one of the best weekends at ntu and we got to have loads of fun

The Unconventional said...

ya..d last week was really interestin..a gud mix of d LOWS n HIGHS..tho my fave part was d RISK game..hehe..i hope i dun get addicted..n btw u dint mention RISK anywhere...
anywayz tarang was so damn awesum...btw ur singin was gud 2 (as alwayz)...
i rmr how v were cheerin POLLY...POLLY..wen u wer abt 2 sing in 4 Tarang..haha...had lotsa fun.

n btw ur blog is really so damn kool...an on9 journal..huh! bt a bit 2 public...bt u ve maintained it wel!
gud luck 4 ur other chores!!
haffun dis break! dun study 2 hard..gimme a chance..lolz